We are members of the church that Christ built. We come together as a church every Sunday morning at 10:00am. After this some of us eat together and have a 2nd worship service at 1:30.
During the week we get together at various locations for Bible studies and other fellowship activities.
What We Believe
We believe the Church is accountable to Jesus Christ only and not to a council or organization of men since it is headed by Him (Eph 1:22). Following is a brief summary of New Testament teachings that are taught by this congregation.
The Bible is Inspired, Inerrant and the final authority in life and doctrine.
- 2 Pet 1:20-21 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scriptures is of any private interpretation. For the prophesy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
- 2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
There is one true God existing as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit - each possessing all the attributes of deity.
- Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
- Deut 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:
- Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.
Salvation is a free gift from God. The only sufficient payment for our sins is the blood of Christ. It was through His death, as our sacrifice, that He paid the debt we owed. No one can be saved by his own merits or good deeds.
- Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved though faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ has also loved us and given himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling aroma.
- Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt..
- Rom 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
It is necessary to respond to God’s free offer of salvation by faith, repentance, and baptism. When we confess Christ as our Lord and are baptized (immersed), God forgives our sins and gives us the gift of the Holy Spirit that empowers and guides us in our Christian walk through God’s Word.
- Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for he remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- Acts 3:19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.
- Rom 10:9-10 That if thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
- 1 Pet 3:21 The like figure where unto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
It is our goal to avoid creeds, traditions, works and innovations of man by endeavoring to unite and continue in the example of the original followers of Christ (the first century church)
- 2 Tim. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
- Titus 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
Love and Fellowship
We are each individual members of the body of Christ: Believers who love and accept each other as we understand God to love and accept us.
- Rom 13:8 Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
- 1 Cor 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity (love), I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
- 1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
- 1 John 1:6-7 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from allsin.
Please Contact Us for more information.